Motor Yacht Charters Sydney (MYCS) manages a fleet of luxury vessels and recently called upon Halliday Engineering to undertake a range of propulsion system works (including propeller shaft manufacture) and hull survey on the 80’ MV Ariston – an elegant 3-levelled cruiser working out of Sydney Harbour.
Requiring a swift turnaround MYCS were able to take full advantage of our proximity to the Ariston’s hardstand location in Rozelle – as our 1000m2 workshop is conveniently located 2 minutes up the road. By engaging Halliday Engineering and drawing upon the full resources of the company, MYCS wasted no time on long-distance travel or under-resourced personnel. The Ariston’s propeller shafts were in our Machine Shop and on our shaft rollers 15 minutes after removal (read more about our workshop capabilities here: Our Workshops)
Works on the vessel involved:
- Removal of propeller shafts, couplings and propellers
- Dimensional in-situ checks of bearing housings
- New bearing manufacture and installation of bearings
- Manufacture of custom propeller nut removal / installation tool
- Straightening 1 x propeller shaft & 1 x propeller shaft manufacture
- Interference “blueing” checks on couplings and propellers
- Assembly of the propulsion system
- Refurbishment of tiller arms, with manufacture of pins and bushes
- Custom manufacture of adjustable rudder linkage
- Supplying qualified riggers, Hiab crane truck and specialist transportation
- Conducting a Hull Thickness Survey / Ultrasonic (UT) testing
- Commissioning assistance and condition assessment report
We made sure to capture the critical information whilst the vessel was out of the water. Capturing details such as propeller shafts sizes / bearing sizes and material compositions enables us to plan and be better prepared for future works (potentially eliminating delays associated with material supply and docking durations).
Halliday Engineering’s Workshop Manager Shane Lewis and MYCS’s Captain Simon Patchett worked closely together during the works, collectively working through various issues to get the vessel back in the water before deadline, with all works safely and successfully completed.
To discuss getting your vessel ready / surveyed / assessed / …or propulsion system overhauled in time for summer contact us now. Ph 02 9818 3744 / email: email@example.com or visit www.hallidayengineering.com.au for more information.
(For charter enquiries on the MV Ariston or on a range of other elegant vessels visit www.motoryachtcharterssydney.com.au)
Our knowledge. Your solution