At Halliday Engineering we work with many industries with a specialised focus on defence, shipping, mining, and power generation sectors within the marine engineering industry. We design, procure, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas.
We are looking for Apprentices within learning specialised skills, in Engineering Cert III.
This is either, Mechanical (Fitter Machinist) or Fabrication (Boilermaker) who are hardworking, enthusiastic and have good communication skills. Our Company offers ongoing career development, training, and a broad range of experience through varied projects and disciplines.
The training will take place on-the-job under the guidance of experienced Leading Hands and Tradespersons and managed by Technical and HR Managers. The employee will undertake a four-year apprentice through the vocational educational body of TAFE NSW. The role involves tasks such as adhering to workplace procedures, following work health and safety guidance, updating training records, and completing tasks to gain their desired qualification. Over award rates apply.
There is an opportunity work overtime providing penalty rates.
- Be punctual and have a good attendance record.
- Be motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Follow instructions well.
- Have a skill set relative to the time in trade.
- Willing to learn to fabricate / fit to a high standard and within tolerances.
- Able to work safely.
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status.
- Be open to gaining experience in all facets of the trade.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude, take initiative, and enjoy getting the job done.
- A team player, you can work on your own or in a team.
- Be able to work in a busy environment with high attention to detail and quality.
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
- Covid 19 certificate.
- Manual Drivers Licence.
Halliday Engineering prides itself with high self-respect by providing a positive, collaborative and team culture. If you are passionate and pride yourself with quality work, then Halliday Engineering is looking for you.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Agencies and outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position