In collaboration with major marine and industrial engine houses Halliday Engineering was recently contracted to undertake machining works and preventative maintenance on several large cylinder heads, offloaded from a visiting cruise liner.
Requiring much forward planning and working to critical deadlines, the Halliday Engineering team consisted of procurement and logistics specialists, expert machinists, fitters and marine engineers.
- Secure offloading and transportation of cylinder heads
- Project collaboration with third parties
- Precision re-machining of the head seats for the air start, injector and main valves
- Custom machining for corroded welsh plug upgrades
- Pre and post works technical assessment and client reports
Machining of these cylinder heads was completed on time and on budget, to the satisfaction of all involved.