Remove old units, fabricate new in stainless steel, paint and install, report and certify custom made flight deck fire extinguisher storage units
As an addition to a broader scope of works for a major client, Halliday Engineering was recently asked to manufacture new fire extinguisher stowage units, using the old rusted units as a template for reverse engineering.
Requiring a short turnaround, this job involved:
- compliance / access documentation (SWMS, JSEA, WHSE, works permits, inducted staff, ticketed personnel and OQE completion reports)
- sourcing appropriate materials factoring in seagoing integrity, usage and corrosion control
- design and drafting
- fabrication cutting and folding of 316 SS
- GTAW (TIG ) detailed welding
- blasting and in-house epoxy spray paint system to Defence specifications
- coating and finishing-off stowage units in signal red in our spray booth as requested by client
- final fitting, installation and labelling of units onboard vessel
Works were completed to the satisfaction of Defence OQE requirements for all concerned.
Please phone us on 61 2 9818 3744 for more information or to discuss your next job requirements.