We seek a trade qualified fitter technician to service our bulk handling clients.
At Halliday Engineering we work closely with bulk handing logistics industries whereby we provide mechanical maintenance and project services.
Due to continued business growth and exciting new projects, Halliday Engineering are recruiting for a permanent mechanical fitter to fill our service role requiring attendance to our Tier one clients at several sites.
Provided with a service vehicle, our successful applicant will primarily traverse across three common work sites providing technical expertise via service and maintenance of critical bulk handling plant equipment. The work sites are located in CBD, Western Sydney and Newcastle.
As a mechanical fitter you will be able to utilise your existing skills whilst also upskilling yourself with new on the job knowledge provided. The role essentially offers excellent autonomy and will best suit a tradesperson who wishes to take ownership of plant and enjoys the success of achieving results.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Service and inspection of running plant and dry bulk handling equipment.
- Attend various plants to accomplish planned service intervals.
- Monitor, service, and plan for major overhauls.
- Assist prepare and plan teams and resources for larger projects.
- There is opportunity work overtime providing penalty rates.
- You hold a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical fitting.
- You are confident and competent with your trade.
- You would have related industry experience, previous experience within bulk handling role is advantageous but not essential.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude, take initiative, and enjoy getting the job done.
- You hold knowledge of SafeWork requirements – practising your trade safely.
- You can work on your own or in a team.
- You are physically fit and able to complete work in challenging environments.
- You have basic PPE and trade-specific tools.You can speak and communicate using the English language.
- Trade qualified and able to provide qualifications, certificates, and references.
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
- Covid 19 certificate.
- Manual Drivers Licence.
Other industry certifications would be advantageous, such as:
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- EWP Yellow Card
- Police Clearance
- MR / HR License
Halliday Engineering prides itself by providing a positive, collaborative and team culture. If you are passionate and pride yourself with quality work, then Hallidays Engineering is looking for you.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
This role is available for an immediate start, renumeration commensurate with experience.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agencies & outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position