The Australian National Maritime Museum recently contracted Halliday Engineering to carry out propeller and shaft works on HMB Endeavour during its dry-docking at Sydney City Marine.
This job included:
- Formulation of safe work plan and risk assessments prior to work commencement
- Removal of propeller shafts, couplings and propellers
- Inspection and survey of propulsion system in consultation with RMS Surveyor
- Manufacture and installation of custom stern tube bushes
- Assistance with sea trials / liaison with onboard technical crew
- Submission of inspection and test plan for the works at completion (including run-out checks, bearing and journal sizes, etc)
This iconic square-rigger is now well and truly back in the water and most recently was involved with the ongoing celebrations to mark the opening of Barangaroo Headland. Halliday Engineering was pleased to be able to play its small part in keeping her seaworthy and in good stead for her upcoming summer sailing schedule.