At Halliday Engineering we work across the defence, shipping, mining, power generation and marine engineering industries. We service, design, procure, manufacture, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas. We are based at Rozelle and to work at various sites located in Sydney.
We are seeking an experienced HSEQ Manager to implement our safety-first strategy. Reporting to the Directors, the HSEQ Manager will work alongside the leadership team to support our HSEQ and People objectives.
The HSEQ Manager will drive all aspects of Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality, Management, and incident reporting. This role is critical to our business and will play a key role in identifying safety and risk awareness opportunities, developing, and implementing solutions, and will be the champion in leading our safety-first strategy.
- A hands-on role, you must have a minimum of 3 years related HSEQ industry experience – if you have come from the tools even better!
- The HSEQ Manager must hold extensive knowledge of WHS legislation and SafeWork requirements and must be highly competent in applying WHS systems and practices to drive a proactive safety culture.
- You will have proven experience in implementing safety awareness initiatives through varied mediums such as training materials and facilitating workshops & implementing a safety culture strategy from the ground up understanding how to drive and motivate others around you in supporting your initiatives.
- A communication style that is clear, concise, and easily understood both in written and verbal form is critical, with an ability to feel comfortable and at ease while presenting in both large and small groups vital.
- The capacity to organise information in a logical sequence for the purpose of presentation and in the preparation of policy & procedure is essential.
- The capacity to identify and manage priorities to meet strict deadlines is fundamental as is the capacity to work within a team and/or individually, to achieve objectives.
- Certificate in work health and safety, at a minimum cert 4 qualified BSB41419 or BSB51319. HSEQ Bachelors and master’s degree applicants are very welcome.
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
- Other industry certifications would be advantageous, such as working at height, confined space tickets etc.
- Driver License
- Covid 19 certificate.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
This role operates between the hours of Monday to Friday, 7:00 am until 3:30 pm with additional hours required on occasion to fulfil safety and operational requirements.
Halliday Engineering is an employer that believes in equal opportunities for all, we hire based on skills and experience and believe everyone has the right to a workplace that embraces people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
For a better look at what we do, visit our website: www.hallidayengineering.com.au.
If you are a suitably skilled individual who has the ability and drive to succeed in a busy and rewarding working environment, please fill out the form below.
This role is available for an immediate start, remuneration commensurate with experience.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Agencies & outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position