At Halliday Engineering we work within specialised industries, in particular defence, shipping, and marine engineering. We design, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets locally, interstate and overseas for our valued clients.
Due to continued business growth and exciting projects, Halliday Engineering are recruiting for PERMANENT Mechanical Fitters. Your role is crucial to the continual success of delivering and providing mechanical solutions across various sites located at our Workshop – Rozelle, Garden Island – Woolloomooloo and Sydney City Marine – Rozelle.
As a mechanical fitter you will provide mechanical maintenance services to our clients such as service, assembly, and repair of machinery. Our role involves the repair and refurbishment of pumps, valves, coolers, heat exchangers, drive shafts, gearboxes, winches, bulk handling equipment and more.
If you would like to utilise your existing skills, and also learn new skills, we can provide career pathways along with excellent working opportunities and overtime at penalty rates.
- Have experience in mechanical fitting, and confident with your skills.
- Industry experience – Think transferable skills if you have not yet worked in the Marine Industry.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude, take initiative, and enjoy getting the job done.
- Have knowledge of SafeWork requirements – practising your trade safely.
- You can work on your own or in a team.
- Able to work with high attention to detail and quality.
- You have trade-specific tools. (Personal tools), specialty tools will be provided.
- You can speak and communicate using the English language.
Qualification & Requirements: Mechanical Trades
- Qualifications, certificates, and references.
- Previous experience or exposure to industries such as manufacturing, general engineering, construction or marine.
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
- Covid 19 certificate.
- Drivers Licence.
Industry certifications: Other helpful skills,
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- EWP Yellow Card
- Police Clearance
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
This role is available for an immediate start, renumeration commensurate with experience.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – firstname.lastname@example.org
Agencies and outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Your application will include the following questions
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a mechanical fitter?
Submit this form, to apply for this position