At Halliday Engineering we work with many industries with a specialised focus on defence, shipping, mining, and power generation sectors within the marine engineering industry. We design, procure, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas.
Due to continued business growth and exciting projects, Halliday Engineering are recruiting for PERMANENT Pipe Fitters. Your role will be a key to our growth, supporting us with client needs and applying your trade to our projects at various sites located at our Workshop – Rozelle, Garden Island – Woolloomooloo and Sydney City Marine – Rozelle.
We are looking for a Pipe Fitter / Fabricator to help us fabricate and fit marine piping systems. You will have experience fabricating pipes in various materials, to drawings and to samples. As a further option, you may also possess the skills to weld the piping systems. We fabricate and manufacture piping systems in carbon steel, stainless steel, and copper nickel. The piping systems can be partially made in the workshop and later finished and fitted onsite.
There is an opportunity work overtime providing penalty rates.
- You have previous experience in pipe fitting, you are confident with your skill and trade, operating with competency.
- You would have related industry experience – Think transferable skills if you have not yet worked in the Marine Industry.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude, take initiative, and enjoy getting the job done.
- You hold knowledge of SafeWork requirements – practising your trade safely.
- A team player, you can work on your own or in a team.
- Be able to work in a busy environment with high attention to detail and quality.
- You are physically fit and able to complete work in challenging environments.
- You have basic PPE and trade-specific pipe fabrication tools.
- You can speak and communicate using the English language.
- Trade qualified and able to provide qualifications, certificates, and references.
- Previous marine experience strongly regarded however experiences in the Manufacturing, Construction and Engineering industries are desirable.
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
- Covid 19 certificate.
- Manual Drivers Licence.
Other industry certifications would be advantageous, such as:
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- EWP Yellow Card
- Police Clearance
Halliday Engineering prides itself with high self-respect by providing a positive, collaborative and team culture. If you are passionate and pride yourself with quality work, then Halliday Engineering is looking for you.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
If you are a suitably skilled individual who has the ability and drive to succeed in a busy and rewarding working environment, please click on the “Apply Now” button below.
This role is available for an immediate start, renumeration commensurate with experience.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – email@example.com Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Agencies and outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position