At Halliday Engineering we work across the defence, shipping, mining, power generation and marine engineering industries. We service, design, procure, manufacture, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas. We are based at Rozelle and work at various sites located in Sydney.
We start early and finish early! Hours are 7:00 am until 3:30 pm.
About the role
- Are you a highly skilled and motivated Engineer with a passion for project / workshop management?
- Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to apply your technical expertise and leadership skills in a dynamic and challenging environment?
- If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to lead our team of trades to deliver high standard of maintenance and repair services to our customers. You will be responsible for coordinating and managing aspects of projects and the workshop, including planning, design, procurement, and commissioning as well providing a functional and productive support for our clients, and team members.
You will engage with the business to ensure organisational requirements associated with employee performance, health safety and environmental compliance are maintained.
- Ideally you will have a mechanical or fabrication trade background. Marine/heavy industry experience preferred.
- Strong Engineering and Technical background and proficiency in relevant engineering software and tools.
- Solid understanding of project management principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong customer focus, together with the ability to problem solve and apply deductive reasoning when dealing with clients’ requests and concerns is essential.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, team members, and stakeholders.
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You hold extensive knowledge of SafeWork requirements – practising your trade with safety in mind, always.
- Trade qualified and able to provide qualifications, certificates, and references.
- Leadership skills.
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
Other industry certifications would be advantageous, such as:
- Post trade qualifications
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- EWP Yellow Card
- Gas Testing
- Police Clearance
Halliday Engineering prides itself with high self-respect by providing a positive, collaborative and team culture.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
If you are a suitably skilled individual who has the ability and drive to succeed in a busy and rewarding working environment, please click on the “Apply Now” button below.
This role is available for an immediate start, salary commensurate with experience.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlist applicants will be contacted.
Agencies and outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position