At Halliday Engineering we work with many industries with a specialised focus on defence, shipping, mining, and power generation sectors within the marine engineering industry. We design, procure, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas.
Are you a dynamic and results-driven individual with a passion for leading successful projects? Do you have the skills to keep teams motivated, deadlines met, and clients satisfied? If so, we would love you to be part of our TEAM!
Reporting to the Operations Directors, you will lead labour teams to ensure successful completion of projects for our clients. The role includes managing people, hiring equipment, procuring materials, checking project plans, managing operational and people plans, along with managing budgets and ensuring labour supply is sufficient.
Your role will be key to our growth, supporting us manage our client needs by applying your experience and trade knowledge to our projects located in our workshop and at various sites located in Sydney.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager or similar role.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills.
- Proven track record in managing marine mechanical engineering projects.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Project.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- Experience leading diverse project teams.
- A desire to take ownership of the role, working hard to achieve project outcomes & the determination & drive to succeed.
- White card construction training certification.
- Previous marine experience is strongly regarded.
About the role:
- Plan, execute, and finalise projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals.
- Develop detailed project plans, schedules, and resource allocation.
- Identify and manage project risks and issues effectively.
- Communicate project progress and status reports to stakeholders.
- Lead and motivate project teams, ensuring collaboration and high performance.
- Monitor project expenses / budget and report any deviations.
- Liaise with clients about current and potential jobs.
- Prepare estimates and quotes for clients.
- Detailed project and variation management.
- Ensure that all personnel are operating in accordance with company safety systems, receive appropriate inductions and are suitably qualified to carry out their tasks.
- Complete timesheets and manage staff leave.
- Ensure works are completed in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Assist with staff recruitment and performance management.
- Foster a positive working environment that encourages innovation and growth.
Other industry certifications would be advantageous, such as:
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- EWP Yellow Card
- Confined Space Sentry
- Gas Testing
- Leadership training
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
Halliday Engineering is an employer that believes in equal opportunities for all, we hire based on skills and experience and believe everyone has the right to a workplace that embraces people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
For a better look at what we do, visit our website: www.hallidayengineering.com.au.
This role is available for an immediate start, remuneration commensurate with experience as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within our organisation.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Agencies & outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position