Halliday Engineering has been overhauling and reconditioning propeller shafts, gearboxes, couplings and power transmission equipment since 1852. We know our way around vessels of all sizes and understand time is money, 365 days of the year. That’s why we have dedicated teams of qualified marine fitters and turners, machinists and project managers on hand who collaborate where necessary to minimize vessel downtime, and turn-around jobs as quickly as humanly possible.
We repair, service, manufacture and supply:
- Propellers and rudder stocks
- Skegs, drive shafts and propeller shafts
- Gearboxes and fly wheels
- Thrust bearings
- Stern seals, couplings and adaptor plates
Working to CLASS Approved, IMO and Australian Standards, we work to outcomes that incorporate years of experience and industry know-how (including detailed performance data), that result in fully optimised propulsion and power transmission systems for our clients’ vessels. We work with electrical drive, direct drive and geared drive propulsion systems.
We have the capability of stripping large propulsion system assemblies, conducting alignment and run-out checks and all rectification works. We hold an extensive range of hydraulic jacking equipment, including a 150t workshop press.
Our re-fit and overhaul service typically involves:
- Straightening / machining
- Rudder and propeller removal and installation
- Manufacture or supply of all components
- Removal and installation of shafts, bearings and couplings
- Couplings repair and supply
- Fitting of seals and bearings
- Laser alignment analysis
- Qualified riggers, hiab truck and specialist transportation
Complementing our work in this area is Halliday’s engine repair and overhaul division.