At Halliday Engineering we work across the defence, shipping, mining, power generation and marine engineering industries. We service, design, procure, manufacture, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas. We are based at Rozelle and work at various sites located in Sydney.
Hours are 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.
We have a new opportunity for a highly skilled and detail-oriented Technical Buyer to play a pivotal role in our procurement department. The successful candidate will be responsible for screening and evaluating supply chain activities to choose the best materials, products, or services for our business and client satisfaction. The Technical Buyer will collaborate closely with various departments, including engineering, production, and quality control, to ensure the timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Experience as a Technical Buyer or in a similar procurement role (engineering and/or defence background is preferred but not essential).
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of technical components, materials, and equipment.
- Excellent negotiations skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and to maintain high quality work output under pressure.
- Problem solving, being proactive in finding potential problems and develop an awareness of all possible solutions to problems.
- Proficiency in procurement software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance standards.
- Police & MSIC (Maritime Security) Clearance.
About the role:
- Sources and engages reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiates with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviews existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approves purchase orders, organises, and confirms delivery of goods and services.
- Controls the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Oversees and manages the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Receives incoming shipments, inspect them for accuracy, and ensure they are documented.
- Stores materials and products in designated locations within the workshop, taking into consideration proper handling and organisation.
- Prepares and packs orders for shipment as required.
- Occasional deliveries.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- A supportive and collaborative team.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
Halliday Engineering is an employer that believes in equal opportunities for all, we hire based on skills and experience and believe everyone has the right to a workplace that embraces people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
For a better look at what we do, visit our website: www.hallidayengineering.com.au.
This role is available for an immediate start, remuneration commensurate with experience as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within our organisation.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Agencies & outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position