The Technical Fitter primary role is to perform mechanical tasks for our clients, as directed by management. The tasks are to be performed safely using care whilst maintaining quality. The vast nature of our clients’ work, exposes us to many different work sites, not limited to plant equipment and marine vessels. Most of our work is repair and refurbishment of existing mechanical equipment.
Strong customer focus, together with the ability to problem solve and apply deductive reasoning when dealing with clients’ requests and concerns is essential. Possessing a professional and friendly presence both in person and over the telephone is essential.
Critical to the role is a minimum of three (3) years previous post trade experience, relevant trade qualification & marine/heavy industry experience. As is excellent technical ability, strong numeric & literacy skills, and must hold a manual driver license amongst required licenses for the position.
A high level of focus and attention to detail is a requirement as is working knowledge of set standard operating procedures together with an understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) principles.
The ability to multi-task while keeping priorities clearly in mind is fundamental as is genuine enthusiasm to support and provide assistance to co-workers. A pro-active and positive approach toward teamwork is critical.
Technical Fitting Duties:
- Carrying out general mechanical maintenance/repairs throughout a range of engineering disciplines.
- Disasembly and overhaul of marine propulsion equipment and acilliary equipment, including; couplings, gearboxes, rudders, seals, capstons, winches
- Inspection, service and repairs on mechanical infrastructure including bucket elevators, valves, pumps, blowers, fans, screw conveyors
- Working alongside Site Engineers, ensuring all information is captured whilst removing or dismantling mechanical plant equipment.
- Work from Technical Specifications whilst assembling/dismantling components and machinery.
- Remain current with modern technologies and equipment.
- Recommend improvements to current procedures &/or systems.
- Work with reputable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMS)
Submit this form, to apply for this position