The Trade Assistant responsibility is to assist with performing mechanical tasks for our clients and the Company, as directed by management.
Critical to the role is previous marine experience coupled with heavy engineering exposure within the inspection, service, and repair of our client’s mechanical assets.
The vast nature of our clients’ work, exposes us to many different work sites, not limited to plant equipment and marine vessels. Most of our work is repair and refurbishment of existing mechanical equipment.
Strong customer focus, together with the ability to problem solve and apply deductive reasoning when dealing with customer requests and concerns is essential. Possessing a professional and friendly presence both in person and over the telephone is essential.
Critical to the role is a minimum of three (3) years previous post trade experience, relevant trade qualification & marine/heavy industry experience. As is excellent technical ability, Strong numeric & literacy skills, and must hold a manual driver’s licence.
A high level of focus and attention to detail is a requirement as is working knowledge of set standard operating procedures together with an understanding of WHS & Environmental principles.
The ability to multi-task while keeping priorities clearly in mind is fundamental as is genuine enthusiasm to support and provide assistance to co-workers. A pro-active and positive approach toward teamwork is critical.
Trade Assistance Duties:
- Cut materials/components in accordance to set designs/drawings or specified
- Paint and blast tasks as required.
- Assemble / dismantle components and Machinery as per the user manuals and directions
for technical requirements.
- Operate EWPS / Boom lifts as required to complete duties.
- Logistical and cranage movement of components / tools.
- Secure loads on vehicles adhering to company procedure.
- Ensure that equipment is mobilised and demolished including tools as required.
- Select required stock from racks as required for jobs.
- Fire watching tasks as required.
- Assist with Boilermaker and Technical Fitter’s duties as requested.
- Maintain best practice methods, with all works & carried out in accordance with quality
- Formulate and/or sign the risk assessments and actively involved in the HSEQ management
- Remain current with modern technologies and equipment.
- Recommend improvements to procedures or systems.
Submit this form, to apply for this position