At Halliday Engineering we work across the defence, shipping, mining and power generation sectors in the marine engineering industry. We design, procure, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas.
Due to continued business growth and exciting current and future projects, Halliday Engineering are recruiting for PERMANENT skilled and experienced Technical Fitters, Boilermakers, Welders, Pipe Fitters and Trade Assistants.
Your role will be a key pillar to our growth, supporting us with client needs and applying your trade to our projects at various sites located at our Workshop – Rozelle, Garden Island – Woolloomooloo and Sydney City Marine – Rozelle.
We start early and finish early! Hours are 7:00am until 3:30pm with additional hours as required. Overtime rates provided from 6.30am – 5pm working hours.
- You hold a minimum of 3 years’ experience within your trade and you must be confident with your skill, trade and operate with competency.
- You must have related industry experience – Think transferable skills if you have not yet worked in the Marine Industry. It helps if you have!
You have a ‘can do’ attitude, take initiative, and enjoy demonstrating your skill and getting the job done.
- You hold extensive knowledge of SafeWork requirements – practising your trade with safety in mind.
- A team player, you are capable of building trusted collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
- Be able to work autonomously and in a busy environment with high attention to detail.
- You are physically fit and able to complete work at a fast pace in challenging environments at times.
- Have basic PPE and trade-specific tools.
- Excellent English language proficiency and communication skills.
- Own your tools of trade.
- Trade qualified and able to provide qualifications, certificates and references.
- Previous marine experience strongly regarded however experiences in the Manufacturing, Construction and Engineering industries are desirable.
- Current certificates and tickets to complete high risk & skilled work.
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
- Covid 19 certificate.
- Manual Drivers Licence.
Other industry certifications would be advantageous, such as:
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- EWP Yellow Card
- Gas Testing
- Police Clearance
Halliday Engineering prides itself with high self-respect providing a positive, collaborative and team culture.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
This role is available for an immediate start, salary commensurate with experience. Applications close 30 May 2022.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlist applicants will be notified.
Agencies and outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Submit this form, to apply for this position