Why choose Halliday Engineering?
Our clients trust us to do the job properly and safely. We also offer a fast, efficient service, that is always on time and on budget.
- We offer specialist CLASS Approved marine and general engineering know-how and diverse capabilities
- Our clients receive professional attention, and a point of contact
- We can handle large projects and, by arrangement, also meet challenging deadlines
- One-stop-shop – from design to disposal, knowledgeable and approachable staff help solve your headaches
Halliday Engineering comprises a great team of men and women who pride themselves on quality workmanship and genuine customer service. We’re here to solve engineering problems; have 165 years of continual business operation behind us – and there are few companies that can match our reputation.
Here’s what our clients have to say:
- Attractive pricing and fit for purpose solutions
- Stringent environmental policy and practices, design and drawing capability and cradle-to-grave reporting capabilities
- Reputation and reliability – proud history and strong present day client list
- Our pick-up and delivery capability, resources, mobile cranes, workshops and fleet of trucks on hand
- The availability of skilled labour and our proximity to Sydney’s wharves and ports
- Our swift breakdown response capability
- Quality systems and procedures including Lloyds In Class Accreditation and 6G Welding
- Royal Australian Navy approved standards – Objective Quality Evidence (OQE)
- $20m Public Liability, Professional Indemnity and Workers Compensation insurance
- Because no one else can do it!
“A pleasure to work with and their speed of response is impressive. Halliday’s are flexible and available for work at short notice. They can also provide men and resources for large jobs. These are very big pluses. Their work is always to a high standard, and because they are in class with Lloyds you don’t need to spell out the quality that is required.”
Martin Mitchell, Operations Manager – A&P Australia Pty Ltd
“Captain Cook Cruises has been using Halliday Engineering since 1972 for a range of engineering projects. At Captain Cook Cruises we run 14 commercial vessels on Sydney Harbour and as you can imagine it is vital that our vessels are operating reliably to meet our customer’s needs. Halliday engineering has always understood our urgency and made every effort to meet our needs. We regard them as a very professional organisation and the favoured contractor for our needs.”
Greg Banwell - Maintenance Manager – Captain Cook Cruises
“The team at Halliday Engineering have consistently helped NSW Ports with their vast experience in the marine industry, which covers breakdowns, upgrades and preventative maintenance work. Halliday’s understand the ports and marine environment, including the specific durability requirements that are required for corrosive atmospheres, as well as working on a ‘permit to work’ system for major hazard facilities.”
Ashley Rangott - Bulk Liquids Berth Coordinator, NSW Ports
“I have been using Halliday Engineering now for 17 years for most of our break-down and general engineering requirements in the plant department. The personnel, response time and the quality of the completed work is always very good with no issues. Over the years you see companies and faces come and go in the waterfront industry – Halliday’s have stood the test of time and will continue supplying products and services to the marine sector with the passion they have displayed over the last 150 years.”
Rick Hay - Plant Manager, Waterway Constructions Pty Ltd
“Halliday’s staff know their way around a vessel. They’re aware of safety culture, deliver quality and have an excellent track record. They provide another player in the market that has commercial shipping expertise and they understand practical engineering issues. They provide solutions that are value for money.”
Bill Bixley – Marine Surveyor - A & P Australia Pty Ltd