Are you a tradesperson that can fix anything?
Are you an expert fitter machinist who wants to teach the next generation?
Do you love machining & fitting and would like to lead a workshop?
At Halliday Engineering we work across the defence, shipping, mining, power generation and marine engineering industries. We service, design, procure, manufacture, fabricate, and repair plant and marine assets interstate and overseas.
Due to business growth and some exciting new projects, Halliday Engineering are recruiting for skilled and qualified Workshop Supervisor to lead our team of trades to deliver high standard of maintenance and repair services to our customers. You will take ownership of the workshop, leading our team members to apply their skills and knowledge daily. Reporting to the Project Directors and taking instructions from Project Managers, you will provide a functional and productive support for our clients, projects, and team members.
We are looking for someone with experience to provide direct supervision, along with hands on application to supplement our teams when required. Ideally you will have a mechanical or fabrication trade background.
You will engage with the business to ensure organisational requirements associated with employee performance, health safety and environmental compliance are maintained.
- Critical to the role is a minimum of three (3) years previous workshop experience, relevant trade qualification & marine/heavy industry experience preferred.
- Background trade in fitting, fabrication, machining, or engineering.
- Strong customer focus, together with the ability to problem solve and apply deductive reasoning when dealing with clients’ requests and concerns is essential.
- Possessing a professional and friendly presence both in person and over the telephone is essential.
- Have excellent technical ability, strong numeric & literacy skills, and must hold a manual driver’s license amongst required licenses for the position.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude, take initiative, and enjoy demonstrating your skill and getting the job done with both a hands-on approach and administration function.
- You hold extensive knowledge of SafeWork requirements – practising your trade with safety in mind, always.
- A team player, you can build trusted collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
- Be able to work autonomously and in a busy environment with high attention to detail
- You are physically fit and able to complete work at a fast pace in challenging environments at times.
- Have basic PPE and trade-specific tools.
- Excellent English language proficiency and communication skills.
- A pro-active and positive approach toward teamwork is critical.
- Trade qualified and able to provide qualifications, certificates, and references.
- Leadership studies
- White card construction training certification CPCCWHS1001.
- Covid 19 certificate.
Other industry certifications would be advantageous, such as:
- Post trade qualifications
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- EWP Yellow Card
- Gas Testing
- Police Clearance
As a supervisor, you will possess or agree to obtain supported leadership studies, increasing your knowledge and application of good leadership.
You will be joining a well-respected and credible family-owned company, drawing upon six generations of industry know-how and extensive local knowledge – our resources, skill sets, and capabilities are well known across the country.
This role is available for an immediate start, renumeration commensurate with experience.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the role prior to applying, please reach out to Mona Albina – firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlist applicants will be contacted.
Agencies & outsourcing companies, please do not reach out to us regarding this role, we have this one covered.
Your application will include the following questions
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Workshop Supervisor?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
Submit this form, to apply for this position